We are recruiting for a network security engineer.
Role: Network Security Engineer
Location: Birmingham with Travel
Due to increased workload and expansion, we are eager to recruit a Network Security Engineer in a dynamic, customer-facing role incorporating support and implementation of Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet and f5 security products.
Understanding of security fundamentals, across multiple domains of security and a passion for security will be critical to the role. Along with suitable experience, a qualification such as CCNA and CCNP Security would demonstrate this. Extensive experience in the creation of technical documentation such as high and low level designs, the ability to derive requirements from multiple business stakeholders (from senior managers to engineers) and contribute to customer proposals is also a must.
The role will be home based, so base location is flexible with customer meetings 2-3 times per week and weekly team meetings held in Birmingham.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years in an IT infrastructure role and so should have a good grasp of networking (wired and wireless), an appreciation of security, as well as a desire to move into the field of cyber security undertaking Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Tests.
Security solutions you will be working with include:
- Cisco (including Sourcefire)
- Check Point
- Palo Alto
- Support pre-sales consultants on customer-facing meetings
- Undertake security implementations
- Documentation of implemented solutions
- Provide ongoing support to existing customers
- Knowledge transfer to clients where required
- Work closely with solution engineers (SE), account managers (AM) and sales representatives of the solution providers
- CCNA/CCNP in security or other vendor equivalent certification
- 3 years’ experience in Cisco ASA/Check Point/f5/Palo Alto/Fortinet
- Network routing and switching
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent technical understanding of designing and deploying wired and wireless network solutions
- Experience in technical consulting
- Experience in a client-facing environment
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels (both written and orally),
- Good customer-facing skills; ability to deal directly with customers on high-level technical issues
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel
- Able to use own initiative
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to work with internal/customer/partner teams to ensure clean handover to operational phases of projects
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop into a network security professional
- SC clearance or willing to undertake
- High degree or equivalent experience
In return you will be offered the opportunity to progress your career, a number of training courses and the chance to work with the latest technologies. A competitive salary and is also on offer.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org