SOC and Network Security Analyst
Reporting to the Principal Security Consultant, you will be primarily responsible for day-to-day security operations of our most important managed security clients.
As an integral part of a team of analysts, you will be responding to, investigating, and resolving security incidents across a wide variety of security technologies. You will be required to integrate into an on-call rota for out of hours support.
In addition, you will be exposed to wider Cyber Security practices such as carrying our Cyber Essentials assessments, working on Network Security deployment projects and being able to contribute to and shape new services as they are developed.
You will also be engaged in client-facing activities such as attending security service update meetings, supporting the sales and technical consultant teams and contributing to security implementations. This is a customer-facing role, and you will be working in a dynamic environment that will challenge and grow your Cyber Security experience.
Skills and Attributes
- A genuine passion for security with a good understanding of security principles
- A firm grasp of network and network security principles
- Evidence of self-study and commitment to long-term learning
- Able to pick up knowledge and concepts effectively through on the job training
- Listens carefully to instruction and ensures guidance is followed
- Continually improving, passionate about learning and improving
- Good relationship building skills, able to communicate with clients and colleagues alike
- Diligently ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of common attacks and how they can be detected
- Solid understanding of configuring and maintaining servers and network devices
- Experience of working in a SOC desired but not required
- SC clearance or willing to undertake
- High degree 2:1 minimum
- Owning and responding to security incidents
- Responding to security requests and escalating where necessary
- Producing documentation to report on security activity
- Building practice knowledge by shadowing technical consultants on engagements
- Consistently and diligently delivering tasks undertaken ensuring quality outputs and client experiences
Our Unique Perks
In return for your investment, you will be rewarded by:
- The opportunity to be a key part of an exciting and expanding security organisation
- A competitive salary
- Flexible holiday entitlement
- Career progression
- Personal training budget
- Team social events
- Private Healthcare
As a growing company, we're always on the lookout for talented and driven people.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.