Does your business have a company-wide 2fa policy?
What is 2 factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security process in which the user needs to provide two different authentication factors to verify their identity and gain access to a specific application. This is used to protects a user’s credentials and the sensitive information the user can access. 2 factor authentication provides a much higher level of assurance as multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an additional security layer which helps to address the vulnerabilities of a password-only approach. Businesses are no longer able to ignore this as 2FA can greatly lower the likelihood of phishing attacks and identity theft. MFA means hackers are unable to compromise log-ins with usernames and password alone. Even if a bad actor is able to get hold of your password, they won’t be able to access your private applications unless they also have your phone or security key.
If you reuse username and passwords, there is a high likelihood one stolen password could unlock multiple online accounts. 2 factor authentication is an extra layer of security which can help combat the challenge of weak or recycled passwords.
Ready to achieve your security goals? We’re at your service.
Whether you are a CISO, an IT Director or a business owner, Equilibrium has the expertise to help you shape and deliver your security strategy.
Why is there a need for 2 factor authentication?
Passwords alone are a very weak form of authentication. What makes this worse is that many internet users do not update passwords on a regular basis. Unfortunately living in the digital age, passwords can be easily hijacked by cyber criminals. This can happen through sheer brute force or by simple phishing attacks.
2 factor authentication is an extra layer of security which can help combat the challenge of weak or recycled passwords. To protect your business-critical data you must have a robust and layered approach to security. Having a 1 factor approach to accessing systems leaves your business vulnerable to password theft attacks. You are essentially the ‘easy win’ or low hanging fruit for online criminals.
What is Duo Mobile 2FA?
Cisco Duo Security is the only multi-factor authentication app which your business needs. Duo mobile is a user friendly and effective application which can seamlessly identify user identity by sending push notifications to mobile devices. This authentication method greatly reduces the risk of phishing and identity-based cyber-attacks. Cisco Duo is far more than just an authentication app. You can gain visibility into each device, enforce tailored policies to suit your business needs and ensure illegitimate users are not able to gain access to business critical data.
What authentication methods are available with Cisco Duo?
Duo push Secure Two-Factor Authentication
With Duo Push your users can quickly authenticate using an app on their mobiles. A push notification is sent through, just tap “approve” and you’re in. It is that simple. As Cyber Security experts, we strongly advise using this method as your second factor. This 2-factor verification method is far more secure as it can protect against middle man cyber breaches. Duo Push helps to eliminate attacks which aim to steal one-time passwords and authentication codes.
Cisco DUO Authentication Methods
This method involves tapping a USB device after entering your password to allow the user to securely access applications. The device safeguards private keys with a tamper-proof secure element (SE).
For offline users or those without a smart device, Duo also allows you to verify your identity over the phone. They will call your mobile or landline, you answer ‘yes’ and press the specified key to quickly authenticate.
Duo 2 factor also uses HOTP to generate one-time codes and the use of compatible hardware tokens to grant access to business applications. Duo can also generate event-based passcodes that are only valid until they have been used.
What are the capabilities and benefits of using Cisco Duo 2fa?
- Endpoint visibility Duo security 2 factor authentication allows you to verify that your users meet specified security protocols before they can access business-critical applications and sensitive data.
- Adaptive Authentication & Policy Enforcement Duo security Cisco allows you to create tailored contextual policies which can grant or stop access attempts on a user or device basis.
- Application integrations Cisco Duo security can integrate with a whole host of applications such as Office 365, WordPress, Lastpass, Confluence and many more!
- Remote Access & Single Sign-On With Duo you can seamlessly secure access to applications whether you are in the office or working from home, on any device, even without a VPN.
- Gain Trust in Your Users You can have confidence in the identity of users on your network with Duo’s strong two-factor authentication software. Duo is the best 2 factor authentication product as it helps to reduce the risk of attackers intercepting passwords or unique codes.
- Set & Enforce Adaptive User Policies Duo 2 factor verification allows you to enforce fine-grained policies to grant or block access based on a user’s location, device hygiene, network or internal team. This means you can grant or block access based on whether the device is updated and has security software installed as well as many other factors such as whether a mobile phone has a passcode, it is very flexible!
- Two-factor authentication methods (2FA) Duo offers a range of authentication methods that fit the unique needs of all users within a business. It considers every login scenario that may occur, for instance those who are offline or only need temporary access to applications.
- Duo brings an extra layer of security Duo 2 factor helps to safeguard businesses from social engineering and password brute-force attacks. It also helps to protect your login from hackers exploiting weak or stolen passwords.
How can we help?
As Cyber Security experts with 20 years industry experience, we are best placed to offer advice about the most effective multi-factor authentication solution for your business. Cisco Duo Security is the only multi-factor authentication app which your business needs. Duo mobile is a user friendly and effective application which can seamlessly identify user identity by sending push notifications to mobile devices. This authentication method greatly reduces the risk of phishing and identity-based cyber-attacks. Cisco Duo is far more than just an authentication app. You can gain visibility into each device, enforce tailored policies to suit your business needs and ensure illegitimate users are not able to gain access to business-critical data.
Frequently Asked Questions
We could tell you that we are highly qualified experts, with over 20 years’ experience in the Cyber Security industry. Or that we have a proven track record of implementing effective Cyber Security strategies for NHS trusts, financial organisations, high-street retailers and SME’s.
But we want to show how we stand out from the crowd.
You’re probably more interested in how we can supercharge your security strategy and launch you above and beyond your Cyber Security goals.
Our team are the driving force of your security initiatives. By partnering with us, we don’t just protect your data. We stand with you in the fight against cyber-crime. Our experts are on-hand to help you stay ahead of the curve and build a Cyber Security culture which is part of your company’s fabric.
Should you choose a general IT provider to handle your security, or partner with a dedicated Cyber Security specialist? Whilst a general IT provider may well be the cheaper option, would you trust a dentist to conduct heart surgery, if they were offering the service for half the price?
When it comes to the security of your business, second-rate protection is simply not an option. By partnering with experienced security experts, you can rest assured that your security is in safe, experienced, and dependable hands, and have far less sleepless nights!
We’re not a jack of all trades like a general IT provider. We’re experts in our field and specialise specifically in Cyber Security. The core foundations of Equilibrium were built by technical experts with a background in network security. Which means we don’t simply resell a security product and let the fancy tech do the talking. We know our stuff and have the skillset and experience to prove it.
For us, communication is key to building strong security partnerships. We are told this is a fundamental part of why our customers choose us over our competitors. We pride ourselves on being good listeners, never leaving you in the dark and always taking time to understand the inner workings of your business.
Relax we’ve got this. As an extension of your team, we’re there to offer our extensive industry knowledge, provide innovative solutions and be the driving force of your security strategy.
We’re not a supplier who needs handholding. We’re the helping hand. We understand the importance of having a security partner you can trust to get the job done, on-time and in-budget.
We have an eye for the finer details. For us, it is all about dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s when it comes to the security of your brand.
By combining our technical expertise with our dedication to helping you achieve your Cyber Security goals, we help to leverage your security capability to new heights.