Here at Equilibrium we are a Cyber Essentials Certification body, CREST Certified Penetration Testers and Cisco Premier Partners with an Advanced Security Accreditation. As credible and highly qualified security experts, we are very well placed to offer support for all Cyber Security needs for SME’s. We understand that Cyber Security can be overwhelming, which is why we offer an SME cyber security managed service model.
What does this involve?
This involves understanding internal processes, what controls are already in place and where/how data is stored. We can then implement tailored security controls which automatically detect and block advanced threats as well as secure remote workers and cloud applications. We also offer training for staff and ongoing security monitoring and testing.
Automation is extremely important for small business cyber security as they often lack internal resources, technical capability or the time to handle technical security issues. Automation gives SME business owners the freedom and peace of mind to focus on the growth and running of their business.
Try before you buy, you can take Cisco Security products for a free no obligation test drive!
What does a layered security approach for SME's involve?
We work alongside SME’s to help them build a layered security approach, this involves:
- Firewall for small office network- Firewalls safeguard your internal network and assets from untrusted outside networks. You can also get greater insight and increased visibility with the Cisco Next Generation Firewall with Firepower.
- Access control- Only allow users to access the information required to do their job. It is important to monitor user activity and limit the number of privileged user accounts. Have a list of all accounts an employee has access to and remove their permissions as soon as they leave the company.
- Implementing email security- As our email accounts are one of our most important digital assets, we cannot depend on the bare minimum security controls to keep it protected.
- Data loss prevention- SMB data security must involve DLP policies and controls. SME’s must ensure their employees do not send critical information outside the company network. DLP technology can stop staff from uploading or forwarding sensitive information.
- Intrusion prevention systems- An IPS scans network traffic and can actively block attacks. Cisco Next-Generation IPS (NGIPS) appliances analyse large amounts of global threat intelligence data. This allows them to block malicious threats and track suspicious files across the network to prevent the spread of malware.
- Antivirus and antimalware software- The best small business computer security software has in-built capabilities to not only scan for malware as it enters the network, but to also monitor and track files to find abnormalities, remove harmful malware and mitigate damages.